Sunday, August 30, 2009

The All-MJ-Unity-Sweet Honey Weekend

Saturday morning started with watching the funeral of Teddy Kennedy on CSPAN- a fitting tribute for a man who actually lived his life in the public eye on purpose. As I listened to all the speakers, many of them his children or grandchildren, I realized that his career completely encompasses my life-all 47 years-that was a slap in the face, wake up call-whatever you wanna call it. Then, I turned on the Michael Jackson music- the 29th was his birthday-number 51, that he did not live to see and I just cried... and sighed. Later in the evening, no lie, I heard his voice in my head saying-"It's okay, you can let go." I felt like Elliott in ET- "I'm right here." And I know that he is. The music is a living force in this world that we humans inhabit. I think one of the things we don't realize on a conscious level is that music is a part of the DNA of humans. We are effected in ways that we cannot begin to vocalise-that is why profane elements should really be considered before being released into the air...

As I continued in my MJ haze, I got a call about a FREE-Sweet Honey in the Rock Concert! What an amazing opportunity! They are amazing and just the right kind of vibratory wave I want to ride. Speaking of music, my daughter wants to join and acappella group and is coming over to talk song selection for her audition today-whew!

2 comments:

  1. Sistah...Sweet Honey in the Rock...Sweeeet!!
    Daughter follow the crumbs on the trail...not surprizing...what a treat to share the joy of music together!! MJ will be with us forever and we can just let go so we can ride the wave...off to Neverland...

    ReplyDelete