Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I belong to three book groups-one virtual and two real. I am very active in one of these, but I feel connected to them all because I love books. I cannot seem to pass by a book and I have decided that I might as well enjoy my obsession. I am not a snob about books and though I love to collect beautiful copies, the free rack is still my friend! I am a part of paperbackswap online which I think is the best thing ever! Trading books for the price of postage! I have been happily residing in my little nerdy book world for decades, but the other night when I was at a friend's, she described me as a "bibliophile." Is that what I am? A lover of books? A collector? Yes!!! I have books on the floor by the bed and sometimes in the bed. In my purse and the car and all around. I read everything my eyes see (this can be painful and embarassing sometimes:). I have tried to disect why this is so and I think it has to do with my heritage. I am a person of African descent-African-American: Black....this is also an issue:) (Do I even need to define myself in this way?). Anyway, I read for all my anscestors who were denied the right. I READ BECAUSE I CAN! I am going to use this blog to catalog my reading for while. I want to share with others the books that I love and even some that I don't. With the advent of the digital age, many people believe that books will become obsolete. I don't!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Sistah Tangela...I have always known we were related and I am your sistah "bibliophile", not only do I copy you in books everywhere(ask the kids for verification purposes), I am working on writing two at the same time and publishing them...I also have six in the bag from Borders right now...oh well...what can I say...you just gotta love reading or not...for the adventure! Great Blog Sistah!!

    ReplyDelete