Thursday, August 20, 2009

I know this blog is about books, but I also love film and today I saw one that made me think. It is called The Chorus. It is about a French orphanage(boys only) where punishment is the rule, not the exception. I would say it is like Oliver Twist, but stealing gets you put in the isolation cell:(. Into this bastion of peace and joy comes the new prefect, Clement Mathieu, a musician who cannot find a job teaching music. He decides, after many terrible incidences, to use music as the weapon of love. It is not easy and all the boys don't have an ear, but they thrive on the attention and the soul stimulation. One child, the class delinquent, is actually a musical prodigy. The story may sound simple, but it is not. Take some time, when you want to reflect, and watch THE CHORUS. It is in French with subtitles, but you won't need them with the music:)

No comments:

Post a Comment